Monday, January 10, 2011

On New Hobbies

I've taken up a hobby: sewing. 
Sew So far I have created: 

Stuffed Pig and Chicken


Kleenex Cozies 
(with added back pocket. Take that Martha Stewart!)

Baby Lounge Pants

Pacifier Clips

Purse
"Easy" Crafts project bought at JoAnn Fabrics
(The quotes are mine.  It said: "Make this in less than 3 hours," and it took me 6.5)

Another Purse
"Easy" Crafts project bought at JoAnn Fabrics

Coupon Clutch
http://theobjectproject.typepad.com/the_object_project/2009/04/coupon-clutch-tutorial.html

Personalized Pencil Pouch
(A larger variation of the coupon clutch)

Wallet

http://lolanovablog.blogspot.com/2009/07/summer-wallet-tutorial.html
Scarf
My (first) own personal design.


Although I am extremely slow and teaching myself mostly, I'm having a great time. It's amazing the amount of "how to" videos you can find online these days! I have so many plans of projects I'd like to accomplish, lots of things for kids and babies, so I'll be sure to share here. Currently I'm working away at a pile of shower curtains I'm hemming for my mother. The math is frustrating, but it's giving me good practice at tricky materials and sewing straight. 

I apologize for the terrible photography. I realize if I want to showcase my creations, I need to take better pictures of them. Funny, at one point in my life, 5th grade, I was convinced I wanted to be a photographer. :-) Guess it's time to stop using the camera on my phone and pull out my ACTUAL digital camera. (And learn how to use it!)

1 comment:

  1. yay for the piggy! Miles likes to throw it out of his tent and then have me throw it back in :) He also likes to pull on the tail to straiten it out and then have me recurl it, ha. Hey don't let me forget to check my sweaters to see if any are wool. Keep up the good work and soon you will be "knitty nora", well I guess sewing is not knitting, but you get the picture

    ReplyDelete