Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On Books (Boynton Style)

Stomp your feet. Clap your hands. Everybody ready for a barnyard dance?

http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/index.html

One of my favorite children's authors is Sandra Boynton. Undoubtably, the entire Boynton oeuvre amuses, but Barnyard Dance brings home the bacon.


Imagine you're a sqaure dance caller as you read. Then stand up and do the actions with your children. I promise, you won't be disappointed. 


I've tried rapping it, singing it, and even silent charades-style versions. This book never fails to result in giggles for my charges, and more importantly, for me. (A happy nanny is a GOOD nanny.)


When the dance is done? Take a breather and turn to the front to read it again! 

2 comments:

  1. Those Boynton books crack my kids up too! Moo Baa Laa Laa!

    :-)

    I have no idea why your blog posts aren't regularly showing up in my reader. Gotta fix that!

    ReplyDelete