Thursday, January 6, 2011

On nanny.nora fail: episode 2

I know you were all looking forward to another installment of: nanny.nora fail. Cause let's face it, who DOESN'T like to hear confirmation that they're not the only one who does silly things in this world. Yesterday I took the kids to school and back. When we were getting out of the car R was playing with the overhead light switch. We have talked many times how this is a "no, no" and in order to ease the temptation, we generally keep the override switch on "off" to avoid a dead  battery. (This HAS happened before, but not to me.) Unfortunately, when we do that, it's really hard to see as the garage is windowless. It's just plain dark.

So R and I have our talk and I proceed to the front of the car to make all the lights be permanently off. I must have gotten distracted and forgotten to check that they went off, because when we came down today NOTHING would work. The automatic doors were frozen shut and the engine made absolutely no sound when I turned the key. So there I sat, realizing my error and feeling like a dolt.

Thankfully the Cs have AAA and within an hour they had the car running again. (STILL feeling like a dolt.)

When we called they asked:

"Isn't this the car we've serviced here before...?"

How embarrassing! All I can do is laugh and shake my head. It's just one of those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment