Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On Being In Demand

Not to toot my own horn, but I get a lot of job offers. Some are in passing when I first get to know someone at a playgroup. Many are by word of mouth. Some families are desperate and when I politely decline they ask: "Do you know anyone else?" Sadly, not being part of an agency, I know of no other nannies in the area. Couple this with my frequent inability to say "No," and nanny.nora is incredibly busy. I like it that way, but I also hate not being able to help EVERYONE.

I have received 2 job offers in recent weeks. Both families know that I am not looking to leave the Cs. I made that perfectly clear. But I also have to think about my future. The triplets will eventually be in school full time. The Cs will need me less. I hate to burn any bridges in case I need more work in the future. Sadly though, keeping this option open means less nights and weekends free for nanny.nora. I haven't agreed to anything. They will keep my name on file and I will say yes when I can. For right now, the Cs come first.

It's simultaneously a burden and a blessing to be in demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment