Friday, January 14, 2011

On Delurking Day 2011

I just stopped over at one of the blogs I read daily/weekly (whatever time permits) and she had a post about Delurking day. I have been an avid reader of her blog for at least a year, for many reasons, and I often felt compelled to comment, but never did. I know we ALL do this. Sometimes we feel like what we have to say isn't important. Sometimes it feels like we're jumping into a private conversation amongst friends. For whatever reason we lurk and enjoy anonymously. 

Well, let me be frank. I really hate the word lurk. I hate the way it feels on my tongue, in my mouth. However, I don't hate all my little NannyNoraSays lurkers out there, so don't make me say that word anymore-even in my head as I type this. I know my blog is relatively new, but I ALSO know (via analytics) that there are readers out there, and some of them aren't my 3 followers! (Yes, I know I have 4 followers, but one of them is me, so I don't count, but yes, I follow myself, cause yes, that's how I roll, so get over it.) So press that comment button and let's start chatting. I'm really quite nice! (Ask my Mom. She follows my blog. And lurks. Maybe she'll talk to one of you.) :-)

Here's a link to a post by the author *I* used to be a lurker of. Feel free to say hi to her too. I finally did. 

1 comment: