Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On Other Blogs With Great Ideas: Episode 1, Rain Gutter Book Shelves

I love reading blogs about all types of things--crafts, cooking, kids, adults...the list goes on and on. There are some really crafty people out there and while I am generally too lazy to try these things, I like to read about them. I like to imagine that some day I will find the time and energy (and KIDS) to do them for. :-)

This blog has a great idea for making clever book shelves from rain gutters. I love that they provide kids with a great view of the front covers of the books they hold. I think this really aids children in choosing a book in direct relation to the visual stimulation of the cover art. (How's that for fancy talk about the pretty pictures on the front?) ;-)

Also, I think these shelves would be terrific for getting little helpers to clean up. It might be easier for tiny fingers to pile books in this way rather than a standard spine-out style.

So if you are looking for a nifty way to organize your books, check this out!

http://www.mamanotes.com/2010/06/how-to-make-rain-gutter-bookshelves.html

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea! I can't wait to do this in Miles' room! Thanks Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! I can't wait to try them. It would be cool to paint them complimentary colors too. :-)

    ReplyDelete