Friday, December 10, 2010

On New Music

My dearest friend is an accomplished pianist who specializes in avant garde modern music. Please check out his website here:
http://matthewmccright.org/
His cd "Second Childhood is" amazing!

I often try to share my interests with my charges, so I saw a link to a video of Matt playing recently and began to check it out. As I expected, the curious big kids pressed around me trying to see the tiny screen. I let D hold it to take this picture.



We were watching this video and it's almost 15 min long. They listened to every moment in rapt attention.



Then I text Matt:

"The babies and I are watching your Rothko video on my iPod. They're enrapturd. R keeps saying "That's very loud."  A says, "we have a piano!" and D says, "shhh, I'm listening."

I think Matt has some new fans...

1 comment:

  1. You never know where or when the bell of inspiration will chime in a child's mind! You could have the next Jonas Brothers there, .... and sister.

    ReplyDelete