Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On (Popular) Movies

The first movie the C family triplets ever saw in the movie theater was: 
Toy Story III.


 P and G were on their 10 year anniversary vacation and I ventured to take all four children with a little help from their Aunt and Uncle. They were entranced. They were so still that their snacks sat uneaten in their laps. The only words spoken were by R whenever the screen would go blank between scenes. "What happened, norie?" He would ask. And the next time, "is it broken?" This would happen throughout the film and I just had to laugh. The only time they got a little antsy was toward the middle when the climax occurred and it got really loud. Other than that they sat slack jawed and happy.

I can't remember my first movie in the theater. I don't believe I was 2 years old though. I believe many of my first movies were viewed at the Drive-In cuddled up in the back of my parents station wagon. What a contrast to today's youth. They are bombarded with technology the moment they enter the world. I'm not judging, just marveling.

I know the C kids will see many movies in their lifetimes. Who knows how films will be available when they are my age. I feel honored that I got to share this silly milestone. I like movies. The darkness. The popcorn. Losing myself in the lights and the action. This movie, though the 3rd in the series, was great for children and parents alike, even if you haven't seen the 2 that come before. I dare say I cried at the end. (Not that the kids noticed!) Thankfully there are movies out there that families can enjoy together, cause Barney just doesn't cut it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment