Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On Luck

People often wonder how I found my current position with the Cs. I have to admit. It was pure luck. I was  working part time with a few other families when the one utilizing me most had a change in needs. The mother was no longer going to work, so nanny.nora was out of a job. Yes, I still had other families part time and I could still work for this one on an "as needed" basis, but I was looking for something a little more substantial.

I had recently become reacquainted with a friend from college on Facebook. As we caught up on each others lives since matriculation, I mentioned my status as a nanny. As luck would have it, she worked in the same office with Momma C and knew that the family had been left in a lurch by their previous caregiver. My friend passed along my resume, we set up an interview, and it seems they stopped looking the moment they met me.

I admit, this job is more than I was looking for at the time, both time commitment wise AND difficulty wise. That said, I think it has worked out well for all parties. I have found good friends in P and G, all the while learning and growing with their children.

Who knows how my next job will arrive at my doorstep, but I hope my luck never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment