Friday, February 11, 2011

On Birthdays (RBC Edition)


Today is the triplets' third birthday. I can't believe how much they've changed since I started two years ago. They walk, they talk, they help me (mostly), and they certainly have developed their own personalities. In honor of my little munchkins, I wanted to write a little bit about each one of them

RBC

R Is the oldest, by mere minutes, but it seems to make a difference. He's completely potty trained with nary an accident throughout the whole process. He can dress himself completely, and has the weird quirk of insisting he does so the moment he wakes up. He dislikes wearing anything but real clothes during the day and is speedy at putting his shoes and coat on. He is quite headstrong and really fights for what he wants. He has been known to favor a time out rather than doing something he doesn't like. He gives the best two armed hugs and loves to have me scratch his back while we watch TV. I have heard him spell his name, but I don't think he recognizes the letters on paper yet. His favorite color is blue and he has the cutest little shy/coy face that melts my heart. (seen here:)


R and I butt heads a lot, but he's always been my buddy, since day 1. He has the habit of loving me one day and the next playing shy and hard to get. I haven't figured out why he does this yet, but it's pretty consistent that if he's all lovey and in my lap one day, he's gonna cry when he sees me walk in the room the next day. He loves to play with trucks and cars, but shows his softer side when he puts the baby dolls to sleep. He loves cherry tomatoes and eating fruits like pears 'big.' He's sweet and energetic. He's my little Roscoe P. Coltrane.

*These pictures were graciously provided by my sister-in-law. Her work with children is absolutely AMAZING. She is testing the waters at starting her own photography business. Leave her some comment love so she'll know just how successful she actually already is!*

No comments:

Post a Comment