Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On Famous Spanish Cartoon Stars or Cases of Mistaken Identity

This was a few years ago, one of the jobs I held before my current position...

It was my first day of work at the house of 2 little girls. The younger, E, was a huge fan of that lovable chica Dora the Explorer with her short black bob and catchy "Lo hicimos" song. Her parents had been preparing her for my arrival all week. (I'm sure you can guess where this is going.)

"Are you ready for Nora to come play with you?" They asked as my arrival was imminent. She was estatic! Ready to show me every toy she owned, especially her Dora backpack. When I entered the front door she was seated on the couch in her dad's lap. We made eye contact and I smiled and said "Hi E!" She buried her head in her dad's chest. The only thing I could make out in her teary little voice was:

 "That's not Dora!"

No comments:

Post a Comment