Friday, March 4, 2011

On Best Friends

My best friend L just had her second child. Congrats lady! Just before his birth we had the chance to catch up (since she sadly lives really far away from me.) During that conversation I received one of the greatest compliments a nanny could ever hope to achieve.

"I told [my husband], the only way I'd consider going back to work full time is if we could afford to fly you out here, set you up to live, and have you be our nanny."

"Of course he asked, 'Are you serious?'"

"And I told him, 'Yes! She's the only one I'd trust with my children!'"

I do not take compliments such as these lightly. I know that the choice to leave your children in someone else's care is extremely difficult. I'm honored to be held in such high esteem.

I really wish this could happen though! I would love to be able to see my bestie more than once every 5 years.

3 comments:

  1. Um, that's cause you're awesome. :-) And L is a sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely because you are awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great compliment ...

    and I am in on the "you're awesome" thingy too

    =]

    ReplyDelete